Daylight-saving and other Randomness

This was a new place; it could change anyone’s idea of what a city looks like.
Cool and dry. A good place to store those cough syrup bottles I recon.


Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.


My thoughts had always been random like so as far as I can remember and I’m just 20 so that’s not very far I guess.
They took me round the world at times. This time I went to a familiar place.
Home.


The city was always a funny place and the weather, funnier.


Christmas was round the corner and it had been raining straight for 2 days. Thunderstorms like mid July left the atmosphere dreary neither warm nor cool.


The Tenants on the third floor would be getting refurbishments done and making quite a din but then never was there a quiet afternoon there.
Yes two different uses of there in one sentence can seem unnecessary and confusing at times.


The guy washing the cars would have his usual loud Punjabi music on, and the Gujarati aunty would be screaming on top of her voice letting everyone know she was speaking to her son in the US. Papa often remarked she didn’t need a phone.
It was still 11am so I knew grandpa wouldn’t have finished “digesting” the newspaper. And I could almost smell the mustard oil cooking in the neighbours place.
Smells and memories intertwine like gears in an engine.


The pudding I just had is giving me a chest burn. Can caramel puddings give you a chest burn?


Some questions have always bothered us, like why does half the world follow the idea of daylight saving while the other half doesn’t? Where do the trains in subway surfers come from? Why are hash tags so alluring to use? Or why does one play Farmville?
So many questions unanswered and here we are chasing wormholes.


Random thoughts were always my forte.
If only I could make an occupation out of sitting idle, but Government jobs are not exactly my thing.


I wonder if PETA would sue me if I named my cat “Dog”.....

fin.

Comments

Popular Posts